Subject: [IEEE-TCSC] CCGrid 2010: Call for Participation
Date: Saturday 03 April 2010
From: Rajkumar Buyya <raj at csse.unimelb.edu.au>
To: tcsc at cse.stfx.ca

Dear Colleagues:

On behalf of the organising committee, I am pleased to invite you to
join us for CCGrid 2010: The 10th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on
Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2010) to be held in Melbourne,
Australia from May 17-20, 2010. This 10th anniversary event offers
outstanding technical program featuring keynote talks, tutorials,
workshops, mini-symposiums, posters sessions, IEEE SCALE competition,
and research demos. This year program as a special focus on Cloud Computing.

Detailed highlights of the conference can be found in the below Call for
Participation. Please share it with your friends, students, colleagues;
and encourage them to participate in CCGrid 2010.

I look forward to see you all at CCGrid 2010 in Melbourne!

Best regards
Raj
Chair, CCGrid 2010 Conference
             C A L L   F O R   P A R T I C I P A T I O N

            The 10th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on
           Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGrid 2010)
                 May 17-20, 2010, Melbourne, Australia

                http://www.cloudbus.org/ccgrid2010/
               http://www.manjrasoft.com/ccgrid2010/

                           Sponsored by:
     IEEE Computer Society / Technical Committee on Scalable Computing
              ACM (Association of Computing Machinery)

                        Hosted/Organised by:
       * Cloud Computing and Distributed Systems (CLOUDS) Laboratory,
                  The University of Melbourne, Australia

        * ISSNIP: ARC Research Network on Intelligent Sensors,
             Sensor Networks and Information Processing

             * Manjrasoft Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia

                * NSF Center for Autonomic Computing
          Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, USA

OVERVIEW:

In 2010, CCGrid will return to Australia, to Melbourne, to celebrate its
10th anniversary. CCGrid 2010 will have a special focus on three
important and immediate issues that are significantly influencing all
aspects of Cluster, Cloud and Grid computing: Economics, Environment and
Autonomics.

CCGrid 210 HIGHLIGHTS:

* CCGrid 2010 celebrates its 10th anniversary in Melbourne, Australia.
* CCGrid 2010 has accepted 51 full papers from an exceptionally strong
field of 219 reviewed full paper submissions, resulting in an acceptance
rate of ~23%.
* Hosts 8 workshops/mini-symposiums on HOT topics such as MultiCore
Clusters, Clouds for Business Applications, GPU Clusters, Innovative
Scientific/Medial Applications, and a Doctoral Symposium.
* Hosts 3rd IEEE International Scalable Computing Challenge (SCALE 2010)
* Hosts Plenary Session dedicated for Poster Exhibit and Research Demos

Keynote Speeches:
-----------------
1. IEEE Medal for Excellence in Scalable Computing Lecture:
Title: Enabling the Next Generation of Scalable Clusters
By: Professor William D. Gropp
Paul and Cynthia Saylor Professor of Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, USA

2.Title: Sky Computing: When Multiple Clouds Become One
By: Professor José A.B. Fortes
BellSouth Eminent Scholar and Director, NSF Center for Autonomic
Computing, The University of Florida, Gainesville, USA

Full Program:
   http://www.manjrasoft.com/ccgrid2010/ccgrid2010-program.pdf
   http://www.cloudbus.org/ccgrid2010/ccgrid2010-program.pdf

Conference Venue:

The CCGrid 2010 conference will be held at The Langham - Melbourne
The hotel is situated on the banks of the Yarra River offering views of
the Melbourne city skyline, amid Southbank's al fresco cafes,
restaurants, bars and boutiques, and a short stroll from Federation
Square, the Arts Centre and the Botanical Gardens. For further details,
please visit: http://www.manjrasoft.com/ccgrid2010/ccgrid2010venue.html