ICCS17 : Int. Conference on Composite Structures

Victorio Sonzogni sonzogni at intec.unl.edu.ar
Sat Sep 15 13:13:08 ART 2012

Desde: 17-06-2013
Hasta: 21-06-2013
Lugar: Porto, Portugal

0015603196FEUP267374914.0Normal0falsefalsefalseEN-USJAX-NONEDear Colleague,

On behalf of the Organizing
Committee, I invite you to submit your abstract to the 17th International
Conference on Composite Structures (ICCS/17), at the University of Porto,
Porto, Portugal, 17-21 June 2013.As the name implies, this will be
the 17th in a biennial series of conferences which commenced in Scotland
in September 1981. They continue to be the only international forum with a
focus on structural aspects of composite materials and are one of the
longest running “composites” conferences.This will be the third occasion the
conference will be held in Porto, Portugal. ICCS15(2009) attracted more
than 350 delegates. ICCS16(2011) attracted more than 600 delegates. We
expect ICCS17 to be even larger.I am very pleased to inform you that
the following distinguished Colleagues have accepted to present a Plenary
Lecture:1. J. N. Reddy, Texas A&M,
USA 2. Anthony Waas, University of
Michigan, USA 3. Erasmo Carrera, Politecnico di
Torino, Italy4. Serge Abrate, Southern Illinois University, USA5. Suong Hoa, Concordia University,
Canada6. Romesh Batra, Virginia Tech., USA7. Lluis Torres, Universidad de
Girona, Spain8. Holm Altenbach, Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany9. Sergio Oller, Universidad
Politecnica Catalunha, Spain10. Moshe Eisenberger, Technion, Israel11. Torsten Kuehn, EADS, Germany12. Haim Abramovich, Technion, Israel13. Pedro Camanho, FEUP, Portugal14. Paul Weaver, Bristol University, UK15. Christian Mittelstedt, Sogeti, Germany16. Tarun Kant, Indian Institute of Technology
Bombay, India17. Jon Gosse, BOEING, USA
18. Ayman Mosallam, Univ. California, USA
Pre- and Post-Conference courses by
Professors Romesh Batra (Virginia Tech, USA), J. N. Reddy (Texas A&M, USA), Bazle Haque (Univ. Delaware, USA), and Dr. Jorge Belinha (Univ. Porto, Portugal) are to be
organized. Details will be given later.The ICCS17 web page ishttp://paginas.fe.up.pt/~iccs17/Abstract submission: Step 1:
register online at http://conference.mercatura.pt/iccs17/login.php ; step 2: fill your title, names, affiliation and your
abstract (max 1500 characters); Step 3: choose the Session in which you feel
your abstracts fits best.Step 4: After the acceptance of the
abstract, you can proceed to Registration/payment: after you register online
at http://paginas.fe.up.pt/~iccs17/registration.html, you can pay by VISA/MASTERCARD at our secure site.  In
case you need an invoice, please inform as soon as possible. Bank transfer is also
possible. Please note the early registration date for reduced fee.After the conference, some
selected papers will be invited for submission in a regular
issue of the Journal of Composite Structures (ELSEVIER). May I stress that
the participation in ICCS17 does not guarantee publication of the full
paper in Composite Structures.As in ICCS15 and ICCS16, we will
award (a gift of about 1000 euro - in kind) the Ian Marshall's Best
Student Paper (only for students that submit the full paper and
present it at ICCS17).I hope to meet you again soonBest wishesAntonio Ferreira, ICCS17 Chair--  Antonio J. M. FerreiraProfessor of Mechanical EngineeringProfessor Catedrático de Engenharia MecânicaEditor, Composite Structures http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/405928/description#description _______________Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do PortoDepartamento de Engenharia MecanicaRua Dr Roberto Frias4200-465 Porto, PortugalPhone +351225081705, email: ferreira at fe.up.pt