[NotiAMCA] Short Course on Optimum Structural Design

Victorio E. Sonzogni sonzogni@intec.unl.edu.ar
Wed, 03 Mar 2004 15:40:47 -0300

Dear Colleague

Re: Short Course on Optimum Structural Design: Fundamentals, software and
applications

Please find details of a 3-day course on Optimum Structural Design: Fundamentals,
software and applications by visiting our website at:

 http://www.wessex.ac.uk/programmes/optimum04.html

In all engineering problems, designers try to find solutions showing good
performance, which satisfy several requirements. Using optimization techniques,
engineers can obtain the optimum, within the imposed conditions.  Structures
designed in this way are safer, more reliable and less expensive than the traditional
designs.  This course contains a comprehensive survey of the more efficient methods
of numerical optimization, including more recent advances.

The course, presented by Prof Santiago Hernandez from the University of La Coruna,
Spain and organised by the Wessex Institute of Technology, Southampton, UK, will
take place from 9-11 June 2004 at Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst, Southampton, UK with a
limited number of places available.

If you would like to register for the course please complete the form on our website at

 http://www.wessex.ac.uk/programmes/optimum04.html#REGISTRATION

or return the form to

Jane Chantler, Course Secretariat,
Wessex Institute of Technology, Ashurst Lodge, Ashurst, Southampton, SO40 7AA,
UK
Tel: +44 (0) 23 8029 3223
Fax: +44 (0) 23 8029 2853
Email: jchantler@wessex.ac.uk

If you are not the right point of contact for this material I apologise and would
appreciate you forwarding this to the correct person or providing me with the contact
details.

Sincerely

Jane Chantler
Course Secretariat