[NotiAMCA] Int Symposium on Plasticity 2009

Victorio Sonzogni sonzogni en intec.unl.edu.ar
Mar Feb 26 18:32:11 GMT+2 2008

Desde:  03-01-2009
Hasta: 08-01-2009
Lugar: St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

*INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON PLASTICITY 2009*

Frenchman's Reef and Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort

St Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, January 3-8, 2009

*Mini-symposium on*

*Numerical Simulation of Impact and *

*Material Forming Problems*

Session Organizers

* *

*J-Ph. Ponthot and C. Agelet de Saracibar*

Dear colleague,

After Alaska in June 2007, and Hawaii in January 2008, the forthcoming
International Symposium on Plasticity will take place in St Thomas, U.S.
Virgin Islands, January 3-8, 2009. Within this event, Prof. Carlos
Agelet de Saracibar and I are organizing a mini-symposium on *Numerical
Simulation of Impact and Material Forming Problems. *Topics of the
invited organized session will include:**

ü      Mathematical formulation of forming and large strains problems

ü      Numerical methods for forming processes

ü      Solution strategies and implementation issues

ü      Multiscale and stabilization techniques

ü      Constitutive modeling

ü      Numerical simulation of materials, metals and composites,
submitted to impact loading

ü      Numerical simulation of material forming processes, such as
solidification, forging, stamping, deep-drawing, extrusion, superplastic
forming, welding, thixoforming, etc.

ü      Numerical models for welding

ü      Numerical simulation of contact  problems

ü      Computational issues in material forming

ü      Material parameter identification

ü      Large-scale simulation of forming problems

As a well established and widely recognized researcher in these fields,
we would like to cordially *invite you to participate in this Organized
Session *with an *invited paper *of 20 minutes duration. We would be
very honored if you could accept this invitation and submit a paper.
Should you decide to join the mini-symposium, may we ask you to send us
as soon as possible an email indicating your intention to participate? A
copy of this email should also be sent to the main organizer at
khan en umbc.edu <mailto:khan en umbc.edu> . Abstracts are due March 1, 2008.